So it’s January.
The cupboards have been cleaned of the last of the Christmas Cookies, the decorations are stowed away, and the atmosphere seems a little less exciting than it did all December.
After almost a month of activities and preparation, it’s hard to face January somedays.
Going back to work/school, back to times with less celebration can be a bit of a downer.
I’ve learned that it is only a downer if you let it be.
So…here are some ways to beat the “Lull” of January!
- Go outside and participate in a Winter Sport! Skiing, Ice Skating, even taking a walk outside is pretty great! Be sure to dress warmly and bring a camera. Soak up some Vitamin D if you can, and bring a friend.
- Plan fun things to do each week. Just because the festivities are done in December, doesn’t mean January doesn’t have to be boring! Go see a movie, plan a coffee outing with friends, or paint pottery at a studio. I’ve been trying to do this each week, and I love knowing that during a long work-week, there’s something fun just waiting for me.
- Join a Class. I keep seeing all these advertisements for yoga studios and various locations for people to take their first few classes for free, or for a discounted price.
- Explore somewhere new in your town. I know for sure Colorado has many, many places I have yet to explore. (Another good reason to bring a camera)
- Catch up on some Reading. I love reading, and now that festivities have calmed down, take some time for some good books! If you are looking for some new books, I recommend this list from Modern Mrs. Darcy.
It’s a New Year! Time to create new memories, and why not start out strong in January?!