One of the best parts of summer are the outdoor markets. I love the luxury of being able to walk outside, through stalls full of vendor’s goods and look at either the farmer’s market or the spread of craft fairs.
Some of my favorite markets are those that sell antiques.
Fueled by a bountiful supply of Pinterest Inspiration, I love perusing old doors, window frames, and tables, brainstorming where I could use each classic item.
Lately, we have been scoping out items for our classrooms, hoping to find useable pieces for students to use as workable furniture pieces on a day-to-day basis. I’ll share some more alternative seating ideas later.
To me, being able to look at vendor’s craft items for sale is a great way to support small, local businesses, and there are usually very unique one-of-a-kind pieces.
This particular antique vendor was in a neighborhood at a house, and had a conglomeration of pieces. It was difficult to decide which to purchase.
So…since Summer is here and art marts and local street fairs are kicking off, here is a list of some great places to try in the Denver area!!
- Paris Street Market. This is probably my absolute favorite art/antique fair! They run the first Saturday of each month.
- Sweet William Market. This is a Stapleton favorite and is every last Saturday of the month!
- Mile High Flea Market. Open every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!
- Lafayette Collectibles and Flea Market. Near Boulder, this is a classic market to see!
- Cherry Creek Arts Festival. A festival with booming popularity, it is best to get to this one early!
If you’re looking for Festivals in the Rocky Mountain Region here are some popular ones:
- Breckenridge Arts Festivals. Happening multiple times during the summer, this highly-anticipated art and vendor event is one of my favorites located on main street Breckenridge. (About an hour and forty-five minute drive from Denver)
- Crested Butte Wildflower Festival. If you’re willing to make the drive, nothing quite beats the beauty of the Wildflower Festival. This one of a kind event showcases the absolute beauty of the Wildflowers paired with the mountains and the events going on in town. (Four hours from Denver)
- Aspen Arts Festival. This years festival runs from July 23-24 and is packed with vendors, local artists and once again- spectacular views!
Other Markets outside of Colorado:
- Stone Arch Bridge Fair. Taking place on the iconic Stone Arch Bridge overlooking the Mississippi River, this art fair has a great deal of vendors and goods!
- Here is a list of the Top 50 Art Fairs in the USA. Check em out!
If you get a chance to attend an outdoor market this summer, I would highly recommend it!
While in Minnesota, we were able to check out the Edina Art Fair in Edina, Minnesota, and it was a great way to start the season!
Your Turn! Any art fairs or outdoor markets that are on your to-do list? Regardless of location?