Can you believe it’s March? I for one cannot, and as I reflect back on February, I feel like this month has come and gone. Thank you to Basant She for her monthly event, “My Monthly Memories”, I am loving the opportunity to look back on February at the events which have shaped this month.
For one, I feel empowered. I’m currently in the middle of end-of-trimester conferences, and not only does February mark the end of the second month of 2016 but also the end of another teaching period.
In this month, I have been hard at work on my 101 in 1001 list, something I came up with in January. As I have been checking more items off my list, I’ve realized just how empowering setting goals can be. By creating a list, I am accountable for making those items happen. And there is no limit to what I can (or what you) do!
So here’s an update on my 101 in 1001 list for this month…
- See a Professional Hockey Game. A few weeks ago, a friend and I went to see the Colorado Avalanche play, and we won! Having never been to a professional hockey game, this was quite the experience.
- Attend a UND Men’s Hockey Game and buy a white baseball hat. I’ve been wanting to see a UND Men’s Hockey Game for a while, and honestly, I’m not sure about the second one. It’s one of those little things I’ve been wanting to do for a while! Anyway, both were accomplished and debuted on the same day! We journeyed down to the University of Denver’s Magness Arena to watch DU play UND. Currently, my brother attends the University of North Dakota, and hockey has suddenly become our new excitement! UND is #1 in college hockey at the moment, and even though we lost the game, it was still exciting to see!
- February book to read: The Choice by Nicholas Sparks. After seeing the movie in theatres a few weeks back, I decided to read the book. The movie is wonderful, the book was wonderful as well! I’d highly recommend it.
- Successfully grow a plant. Many years ago, I had a cactus in middle school. Well, I forgot to water this cactus for a while, and it eventually died. Out of curiousity, I wanted to see how much water was in the body of the cactus so I ended up stabbing it with a pencil after it had died only to discover that yes, it stored water quite well there. Several family members gave me an itty-bitty cactus for Christmas that year which was encased in a small plastic case I could hang up (see picture below). This tiny little cactus I’ve had for at least eleven years. It’s been to college and back and now it has run its course. I believe it’s tiny little environment has limited how much it can grow. So…on my 101 in 1001 list, I decided to grow a plant successfully. And I have been! I just transplanted my forget-me-nots in to an old tea tin, and I’m looking forward to some buds!
- Buy a big sun hat. Out of my excitement for summer, I invested in a large, wide-brimmed, sun hat from the dollar section at Target for $5!! Come on summer!
- Visit Garden of the Gods. A beautiful day for a wonderful trip!
- Create a book of College Memories. I used a Shutterfly Coupon to create a picture book of the many pictures from college. And it turned out great!
- Learn to Snowshoe! This one happened the day I created this list (which was coincidentally a snow-day) So. Fun.
Things still in progress:
- Getting prepped for a Marathon/Half Marathon. I have started myself on a Marathon Training Schedule and so far, I’m feeling pretty good about it! It’s nice knowing I have a long run awaiting me.
- Currently reading, Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter for my book for March. So far, so good!
With that, I’d like to say hello to March! Happy Third Month of 2016!
Anything fun you have planned for this month?
Thank you again to Basant!